Friday, May 14, 1999
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathy Coyle
5 p.m. A person who was reported to be loading boulders onto a truck at a Concord Street construction site was located and advised to return the boulder.
7:17 a.m. An Old East Street resident reported finding something drug-related left at his house by a previous tenant. The substance was believed to be cough syrup.
8:09 a.m. A suspicious van on Brook Street was determined to belong to house painters.
9:22 a.m. Sgt. Leo Crowe is investigating a report that a resident of School Street received several threatening phone calls. The callers were identified and the investigation is continuing.
10:48 p.m. A suspicious van at Foss Field was advised of parking restrictions.
7:40 p.m. A child reported missing from a School Street residence was located.
8:45 p.m. A suspicious vehicle at North Road and the Duck Pond was advised to move on.
9:43 p.m. Patrol located a vehicle with its lights on behind the state headquarters on Lowell Street. An employee was notified.
5:03 p.m. A medical emergency reported on Acton Street was determined not to be an emergency but a language barrier.
5:32 p.m. Police responded to a Pine Brook Road residence regarding a disturbance. The matter was resolved upon the officer's departure.
4:20 p.m. A tree limb fell on a passing vehicle on Bedford Road. The hood and windshield were damaged.
8:57 p.m. A resident of Cutter's Ridge Road reported the theft of several items. There was no sign of forced entry. Sgt. Tom Whelan is investigating the theft of jewelry, camera and cordless phone.
10:43 p.m. Officer Rich Tornquist responded to a disturbance complaint at a Bedford Road residence. Neighbors reported hearing gunshots. Officers determined that the noise was from fireworks. In addition, a large bonfire was going. The matter was resolved.
9:58 a.m. Officer Bill Burgess investigated a one-car accident on Elizabeth Ridge Road near the transfer station. The operator, a resident of California, struck a telephone pole. There were no injuries.
12:25 p.m. A set of keys were found at the state park and turned in at the station.
10:08 a.m. A Chelmsford resident reported having been bitten by a dog in the woods off Aberdeen Drive. The dog officer was notified.
9:38 p.m. A resident of Cross Street reported vandalism to several of her plants which were located at the end of the driveway and had been pulled up and strewn about.
5:19 a.m. A man's white 12-speed bicycle was located at Curve and Fiske Streets. It may be claimed at the station.
compiled by Kathy Coyle
11:23 a.m. A Lowell Street caller reported a sulphur-like smell in his basement.
5:03 p.m. An Acton Street caller reported a woman in the street who did not speak English who appeared to be having a heart problem. No transport was necessary.
7:37 p.m. An 87-year-old female was taken to the hospital with a laceration on her head that occurred when she fell and struck a radiator.
· 342 Maple Street - The Town of Carlisle, acting by and through its Board of Selectmen, to The United States of America, c/o United States Fish and Wildlife Service, for $1,784,217 on April 1.
· 33 Red Pine Drive - Edgar S. and Jacqueline M. Miller to Joseph H. Reiss for $410,000 on April 1.
· Davis Road, Pine Meadow, Lot 3 - William Costello, trustee of William Costello Realty Trust, to Richard Buck for $245,000 on April 2.
· Davis Road and Maple Street, Pine Meadow, Lots 10 & 12 - Stefanos Efstratoudakis and Elias Constantopoulos, trustees of Carlisle Realty Trust, to Stefco Homes Inc. for $0 on April 2.
· Shady Brook Lane - Graham J. and Suzanne Gumley to Paul and Bonnie Sellew for $495,000 on April 5.
· 58 Wolf Rock Road - Francisco J. and Judith E. James to G. Kent and Carol M. Gonzales for $380,000 on April 6.
· 99 Pine Brook Road - Catherine B. Comstock to Catherine B. and David C. Comstock, trustees of Comstock Realty Trust, for $0 on April 7.
· 166 Judy Farm Road - Paul B. and Peggy Ellis Gill to Paul B. and Peggy Ellis Gill, trustees of Gill Realty Trust, for $0 on April 8.
· 104 River Road - DeForest G. and Kate O. McCandless to DeForest G. McCandless for $0 on April 9.
· 132 Ember Lane - Frank L. Muehlman and Nicole M. Cormier to Lucinda T. and Fred Michael Cutrer for $651,000 on April 15.
· 152 South Street - M. Margaret Joyce, individually and as trustee of Joyce Trust, to H. Larue Renfroe for $351,000 on April 20.
· 86 Woodridge Road - Joan M. Beauchamp, Robert Fidler, and Joan M. Beauchamp to Joan M. Beauchamp and Robert Fidler for $150,000 on April 20.
· 718 Lowell Road - Phyllis A. Mirfield to Neal C. and Dale E. Mirfield, reserving a life estate unto Phyllis A. Mirfield, for $0 on April 20.
· Hutchins Road, Lot 5A - John M. Swanson and William Costello, trustees of Tall Pines Realty Trust, to Philip C. Heidke for $220,000 on April 27.
· 231 Nathan Lane - Joseph G. and Patricia B. Congedo to Kyle O. and Elizabeth M. Price for $659,900 on April 27.
· 96 Ice Pond Road - Anne K. Halvorsen to Kenneth C. and Rosa P. Koehlert for $655,000 on April 28.
· 294 East Street - Pauline Dolan to Shannon W. and Adam R. Stegeman for $340,000 on April 30.
© 1999 The Carlisle Mosquito