Friday, February 12, 1999
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathy Coyle
7:15 a.m. A dog reported hit by a vehicle at Bedford Road and the Post Office was located on East Street and appeared to be okay.
7:45 a.m. A suspicious vehicle reported on Garnet Road was located and determined to belong to an individual working at a nearby house.
The police department obtained two arrest warrants in connection with the January 17 Baldwin Road house break for a Tewksbury man and a Lowell woman. Several of the items stolen in the house break were recovered in a pawnshop in Lowell. (see page 1)
8:15 a.m. One vehicle slid into a snowbank on Ice Pond Road. There were no injuries.
1:22 p.m. An Indian Hill resident reported that a medium sized pick up truck with two males inside had pulled into their driveway and left. The area was checked with a negative find.
2:35 p.m. An operator lost control of a vehicle on Maple Street and hit a rock; there were no injuries.
4:34 p.m. Police assisted the fire department on Ice Pond Road at the scene of a carbon monoxide detector activation.
12:22 a.m. A barking dog reported on Bedford Road was not located.
10:07 p.m. East Street homeowners reported a suspicious vehicle outside their house when they arrived home. They found someone had gained entry to the house and that, although the interior was disturbed, nothing appeared to have been taken. Sgt. Tom Whelan is in charge of the continuing investigation of the breaking and entering.
11 p.m. Police investigated a one-car accident on West Street that occurred under slippery road conditions when a resident of Weston lost control of her vehicle and collided with a telephone pole. There were no injuries.
6:45 a.m. Police assisted at the scene with transportation to Emerson Hospital from East Riding Drive, where a 92-year-old female had fallen.
11:31 a.m. Police investigated a one-car accident on Acton Street where an Acton resident had lost control of her vehicle due to slippery road conditions and run off the roadway. There were no injuries.
1:10 p.m. A suspicious green Toyota was reported in the driveway of a Lowell Street residence; it was gone when police arrived at the scene.
7:48 p.m. A Cross Street resident reported receiving a suspicious package in the mail.
9:41 a.m. An oil truck reported blocking the roadway at East Street and Ice Pond Road was gone on patrol's arrival.
9:35 a.m. Lt. John Sullivan and Inspector Nancy Iosue arrested a 39-year-old Lowell woman for receiving stolen property in connection with the January 17 Baldwin Road house break.
9:15 p.m. Evergreen Lane residents reported they came home and found their back door open. The house and surrounding area were checked, with a negative find, and it was felt the door was possibly opened by the wind.
8:35 a.m. Workers at a construction site on Hutchins Road were advised of a complaint of loud music coming from the site.
2:20 p.m. A Stearns Street resident reported that their dog was attacked by another dog. The dog officer was notified.
4:59 p.m. A vehicle hit a deer on East Riding Drive. There was no damage to the car and the deer ran into the woods.
6:21 p.m. The vehicle of a Westford resident slid into a stone wall on West Street, due to slippery road conditions. There were no injuries.
7:12 p.m. There was a one-car accident without injury on South Street.
1:35 p.m. The fire department responded to a carbon monoxide detector activation on Ice Pond Road.
12:09 p.m. A Blaisdell Drive resident reported a foot of water in his basement.
10:50 p.m. A caller reported a car on its side on West Street. The operator was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
6:47 a.m. Dispatch received a lifeline activation from a 92-year-old female on East Riding Drive who had fallen and was unable to get up. She was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
4:02 p.m. A Craigie Circle resident reported a strong odor of natural gas in the Peter Hans Road area.
· 898 Maple Street - Robert S. Widell to Marguerite L. Widell for $0 on January 4.
· 37 Davis Road, Lot 9 - William Costello, trustee of William Costello Realty Trust, to Enis K. Konuk for $285,000 on January 4.
· 37 Davis Road, Lot 9 - Enis K. Konuk to Enis K. and Joan Konuk for $0 on January 5.
· Davis Road, Lot 6 - William Costello, trustee of William Costello Realty Trust, to Robert A. Skrivanek, Jr. and Larissa M. Shyjan for $251,062.50 on January 5.
· West Street, Lot 2 - Howard E. and Janice P. Hensleigh to Jamie T. and Kathryn S. Klickstein for $0 on January 6 [second recording].
· 41 Ice Pond Road - Kevin J. and Maria M. Balboni to Stephen J. Hoffman for $730,000 on January 8.
· 715 Bedford Road - James and Patricia Zingozian to Matthew S. Hamor and Deborah Hamor Kindlund for $235,000 on January 12.
· Davis Road, Lot 7 - William Costello, trustee of William Costello Realty Trust, to Kenneth A. and Kimberly L. Bisconti and Dorothy Guber for $255,000 on January 14.
· 132 Hartwell Road - Paul D. and Kimberly B. Petricca to David A. Spotts and Carolyn M. Kiely for $665,000 on January 15.
· 193 Russell Street - Cider Mill Company, Inc. to William J. Brady and Sara L. Saisa for $346,000 on January 15.
· 90 River Road - Michelle and David Bottomley to Yih Ping R. and Chiao Bin Chang for $340,000 on January 19.
· 163 East Riding Drive - Richard F. Meyer to Barbara L. Meyer for $53,583 on January 19.
· 610 Heald Road - Edward H., Jr. and Marianne McCall to Edward H. McCall, Jr. for $0 on January 25.
· Davis Road, Lot 13 - William Costello, trustee of William Costello Realty Trust, to Rausch Company LLC for $295,000 on January 28.
· 257 Lowell Street - Kevin and Laura C. McNamara to Michael J. and Catherine H. O'Connor for $314,000 on January 29.
· 103 Meadowbrook Road, Lot 27 - Edward G. and Muriel D. Korbel to Aaron R. and Daria V. Barth for $339,000 on January 29.
© 1999 The Carlisle Mosquito