Friday, February 5, 1999
Brennan Geti Simon
Patricia and Keith Simon of Old North Road rang in 1999 with the birth of their son, Brennan Geti, on New Year's Day at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Brennan joins big sister Talia. Grandparents are Dorothy and Edward Simon of Londonderry, New Hampshire.
· Alex Luther of Virginia Farme Lane won third place in the Auto Service Technology competition at Minuteman Regional High School. Several local Minuteman students were winners in the school's in-house Vocational Industrial Clubs of America (VICA) Skill Olympics competition held recently at the Lexington school.
· Joan Carroll-Cronin of Bedford Road placed 25th in the Masters Female Division of the 1998 USA Track and Field New England 1998 Grand Prix Championships. Carroll-Cronin completed all seven of the mandatory races selected for the "Iron runner" competition, including the Cape Cod Marathon in October. Having run the Boston Marathon in '97, she found Cape Cod to be a more difficult course, "much hillier" from mile 16 to mile 23, but a beautiful, scenic course with lots of oceanside running.
· Sil D'Urbano of Heald Road has had a busy schedule recently, playing in the pit orchestra for many of the musicals on the Boston scene. D'Urbano, currently playing "Ragtime" at the Colonial Theatre, has also played for "Jolson," "Victor, Victoria," "Showboat," "Chicago" and the pre-Broadway run of "Fosse," which just opened in New York to rave reviews. D'Urbano plays clarinet, bass clarinet, flute and soprano sax.
·Allison Micarelli of Maple Street has been named to the Dean's List at Lafayette College for the fall semester of 1998 with a grade point average of 4.0.
· Matthew Zezima of Bedford Road was the recipient of the Carlisle Garden Club scholarship for 1998. He is a sophomore at the University of Michigan.
The scholarship is funded by the club's activities such as garden tours and plant sales.
· Scott Bowen of Hartwell Road was named to the Dean's List at Fairfield University, Connecticut.
· Gregory Stimpson of Canterbury Court and Jessie Parker of West Street, students at Lawrence Academy, Groton earned academic honors for the fall semester.
© 1999 The Carlisle Mosquito