Friday, May 1, 1998
• Local artist Maris Platais of Bedford Road will be exhibiting his recent work on April 29 through May 16 at The Guild of Boston Artists, 162 Newbury Street, Boston. There will be a reception Saturday, May 2, from 5 to 7 p.m., at which the artist's daughter Rachel Platais, a flutist, will provide musical accompaniment.
There will be a painting demonstration by the artist on Wednesday, May 6, 12 to 2 p.m. in the gallery.
Gallery hours are Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. For information, call 617 536-7660.
• More marathon news! Susan Carlson of West Street finished the Boston Marathon in 5:05:01, fourteen minutes faster than last year.
• Sixth-grader Meredith Eaton of Russell Street and Liz Rolando, a 9th-grader at CCHS, are skating in the Ice Crystals figure skating show this weekend at the Nashoba Valley Olympia on Route 111 in Boxboro. The show features up-and-coming national competitors as well as champion precision teams. Performances are Friday at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday at 2:00 p.m. Meredith and Liz are skating in all three performances. Tickets may be purchased at the door or by calling 978-263-3450.
• Jessica Kirker of Woodridge Road was inducted into the National Honor Society in Psychology, April 17, at a banquet at the Ramada Inn in Auburn, Mass. She attends Worcester State College, where she is studying occupational therapy. Jessica was also on the dean's list for spring and fall semesters in 1997. Jessie lives with her aunt and uncle, Linda and Dan Resler. Her grandparents are Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Palmaccio of Concord.
• Andrew Jacobi of Heald Road received the Dean's Commendation for Academic Excellence for the winter term at Hobart College, Geneva, New York.
• Middlesex School Honor Roll Carlisle students are: Honors with high credit—Dorothy Nadja, Charles Nadja. Honors with credit—Laura Buck, Andrew Dewing, Benjamin Herter, Alexander Tee.
Lee Frances Bernstein
Marc Bernstein and Anna Nerenberg of Peter Hans Road are pleased to announce the birth of their daughter, Lee Frances, on March 27 at Emerson Hospital. Proud grandparents are Fred and Roselyn Bernstein of Langhorne, Pennsylvania, and Gilbert and Phyllis Nerenberg of Fall River, Massachusetts.
Jacie Lee Lemos
Mark and Marla Lemos of Orchard Acres are delighted to announce the arrival of their second child, Jacie Lee Lemos, on April 3 at Newton-Wellesley Hospital. She was welcomed at home by her big brother, Tucker, and her loving dog Cali.
• Meaghan Sanders of Bedford Road has earned a spot on the Region VI USA Gymnastics National Team by placing fifth all around at the New York/New England championships held earlier this month. She will compete in the Junior Olympic National Championships in Seattle in May.
Sanders qualified to Regionals by placing second all around at the Massachusetts State Championships held in March. She won the Floor Exercise at both the State and Regional meets.
Sanders is a junior at Concord-Carlisle High School and trains at Walkers Gymnastics in Lowell.