Friday, May 8, 1998
Notes from The Buzz
The following notes are from the Carlisle Public School's weekly newsletter, The Buzz.
• The album of Narnia photographs is in the Wilkins office through May 8. At the May 8 video screening, Karen Morse will take last-minute orders. Orders received by May 8 will be delivered by June 1. Call Karen with questions, 369-8407
• If parents of seventh graders have not completed the play survey, please do so as soon as possible. Extra copies are available in the office.
• The intramural field hockey for grades 5 to 8 will run from 2:20 to 3:45 p.m. in the gym for eight sessions. There is no fee; it is on a first-come basis; and a permission slip from Ms. Heigl must be signed. The dates are May 11, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20 and 21.
• The deadline for recipes has been extended to May 15. The e-mail address for submissions is firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A volunteer form for the CSA Book Sale is included in the newsletter, or contact Chris Puffer at 371-0140. The sale will be held in the school library June 9 to 11 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and June 12 from 8 a.m. to noon.
• Sixth and seventh grade students and their parents may attend a meeting about fall football for Concord and Carlisle youth. The meeting will be held at Sanborn Middle School in Concord on May 11 at 7:30 p.m. Call Barbara Mancini with questions, 369-0399.
• There will be no construction work on the Link project during the next two weeks while state tests are being administered. The punch list is being completed.
• Grades 1 to 3 will see a CSA-sponsored cultural enrichment program, "Johnny the K," on May 11.
• Kindergarten screening will take place May 12 from 1 to 4 p.m. and May 13 from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
• Middle school interim reports will be distributed on May 13.
• Baseball/softball: May 12 at Carlisle; May 13 at Shirley
• Eighth graders will depart for Quebec on May 14.